Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Water Marble

Lately, I've been working on water marble nails. It can be incredibly frustrating and messy and it's definitely a technique I tend to stay away from. But these past few weeks, I decided to take it on. I'm going to be a water marble master... probably... not really...


My 1st attempt wasn't too bad. The polishes spread nicely and I got a nice marble design. However, the marble didn't transfer nicely onto my nails. It was messy, spotty, bubbly, and smeared. Maybe I didn't pull out my nails slowly or gently enough? Maybe I dipped my nails in the wrong way? Maybe I didn't clean up well enough before pulling my nails out? Maybe I dipped 2 fingers in instead of just 1? I'm not sure what I did wrong. 


orange purple black yellow water marble nails
1st attempt

My 2nd attempt was much better. There are still minor flaws that I could see. I won't point them out though. You let me know if can you see them. This time, I dipped 1 finger instead of 2. I pulled out my nails very gently and slowly. I made sure to be very careful with dipping my nails in and cleaned up well before taking my nails out. 


orange yellow black holo water marble nails
2nd attempt

My 3rd attempt was successful. Hooray! It was perfect! It really takes practice and lots of patience. Don't accept defeat. Now if only I could free-hand... 


opi jade is the new black opi vant to bite my neck green and purple water marble nails
3rd attempt

opi jade is the new black opi vant to bite my neck green and purple water marble nails

opi jade is the new black opi vant to bite my neck green and purple water marble nails

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com