Thursday, September 25, 2014

Black & White

I recently had a horrible experience with the Pueen Encore plates. My husband surprised me with a set back in July and I was so excited for them. People were raving about these gorgeous plates. They were beautiful; however, my images would not pick up. I thought it might be user error so I read the reviews on Amazon. It seemed like others were having the same problem. I tried all different types of scrapers, stampers, nail polishes, stamping polishes, pressure and basically everything I could think of but nothing worked. Some images would pick up bits and pieces but some wouldn't pick up anything.

black and white monochrome geometric nails
Black & White

But here's what really got me angry. I sent 2 emails to Pueen customer service with the same content and received 2 different replies. The first reply told me to send back the plates and if they verify that the plates were faulty they would refund me but I had to pay for shipping. I replied back that I wasn't looking for a refund; I wanted working plates. The second reply stated that I had to contact Amazon because I had ordered them off of Amazon. Both of these replies were from the same customer service representative.

Lesson of the day: Pueen has poor customer service and is extremely inconsistent. I will never order from this company again and I would definitely not recommend them to any of my readers or friends.

On the bright side, I received my new set of Mash nail plates yesterday. Here are the black and white nails I created using my new Mash plates.


black and white monochrome geometric nails

black and white monochrome geometric nails


Here's what I did:

  1. I applied 2 coats Julie G Black Sheep to my pinky, ring finger, and thumb. On my ring finger, I applied 1 coat of Maybelline Color Show Clearly Spotted. 
  2. On my middle and index finger I applied 3 coats of Milani Spotlight White. I stamped a geometric pattern using Mash plate #51 and Essie Licorice.
  3. This is optional : you can leave it glossy or matte it! I used Nicole O.P.I Matte top coat.


black and white monochrome geometric nails matte

black and white monochrome geometric nails matte

black and white monochrome geometric nails matte

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com